Monday 11 January 2010

How cruel the gods can be.

It seems 2010 is going to be a bad start for me as the end of 2009.

In the latter part of 2009, my 3D blog here and my programming blog (http://thegamedevspace.spaces.live.com) were both plagued by a wholly mind crushing work schedule.  No time to breathe and even my 2 games projects ground to a undeniable halt.

Christmas ended up being busy for other reasons but now with the arrival of 2010, my expectations and new schedule of research, dev and tutorials seem doomed with the latest revelations:

Mass Effect 2 (BioWare) - January 26
It arrived a little late, but the PC edition of space RPG Mass Effect improved many elements over its initial Xbox 360 release. This time around, BioWare plans to release the versions alongside each other. The game will import character and decision data over from the original game, so make sure you've got your save files lying around.

BioShock 2 (2K Marin) - February 9
The sequel to 2007's acclaimed BioShock is being developed by a newly-built studio, but its creative leadership contains key figures from the original 2K Boston team, as well as some talented additions. The group has a lot to live up to, but early glimpses (of which there have been relatively few, thankfully) are promising.

You would think these game Companies would be a bit more sympathetic to us game developers, but no.  They keep bringing out these smashing titles just to break us.

Oh well, I'll just have to sort something else out :-(

(Also doesn’t help I picked up Fable 2 / Dragon Ages and Borderlands (which is great harmless fun) over Christmas)

Happy new year to all and hoping I will be out from under this rock soon.

I still intend to finish this 3D series, so worry not.  It will appear, just slower that I had originally would have liked

No comments:

Post a Comment